Magnetism VS polarity

As the theory says 2 magnets with opposite polarity are supposed to attrack

The positive pole...

On 7 Sep 2004 at 14:09, Martha wrote:

I would suggest that those who have questions concerning the operation of
AMSAT attend the AMSAT Symposium in October.  That is the perfect venue to
talk directly to the AMSAT BOD and Officers.  This can be done on an
informal or formal basis.  Scheduled for Saturday, October 9th is the AMSAT
General Meeting.  There the Board and Officers answer questions from the
membership.  If you want your voice heard, attend the meeting.  73- Martha,
AMSAT Corporate Secretary

The negative pole...

>From the general Meeting Information at the 2004 AMSAT-NASpace Symposium on 09 Oct,04

Concerns from the members were heard that included the AMSAT-BB, Echolink, IRC, HF and other AMSAT nets, and
Education programs. The President heard and mitigated all questions and provided information on the future
plans of AMSAT. The meeting was then adjourned to the "attitude adjustment" portion of the gathering.

Magnetism laws seems to not working at AMSAT. Probably we should interchange the polarity sign?

How can we understand this:  " If you want your voice heard, attend the meeting" and " The meeting was then
adjourned to the "attitude adjustment" portion of the gathering."?

I know AMSAT under the newly elected BOD seems to want to do things differently:

On Mon, 6 Sep 2004 Gunther Meisse wrote

"Luc & all,
Since only having been treasurer for a couple months, I do not speak for our
past officers, however I'll say that as an officer or Board member of a 501
we have a fiduciary responsibility to be very conservative in our investment
policies and avoid high flying investments. Our mission is the preservation
of capital. To the best of my knowledge that has been the policy followed
for many years.

With respect to the years 2000 to 2002, I would point out that the market
took a substantial thrashing and the investments of AMSAT were no exception "

How can we understand this "we have a fiduciary responsibility to be very conservative in our investment
policies and avoid high flying investments. Our mission is the preservation of capital." AND The AMSAT
portfolio invested in FUNDS where there is no capital waranty? Another contradiction! if we want the
"preservation of capital"  should we not invest in bank term deposit instead of funds? If we want absolutly
to RISK the membership money in funds should we look for funds offering a 100% capital warranty at term?

You will tell me we are not near one or two more contradictions here but when i reed:  "introduced the 2004-
2005 Board. Two new Vice President positions were announced: the first is the VP of Human Space Flight"? I
volunteer myself to be the first AMSONAUTS to be flown in space, bur i firmly ask to choose my own set of
batteries for my spacecraft :)...I dont understand here!

BTW i just finished over our long week end here to readjust my former AO-40 setup for a LEO setup (pictures
soon on my web page).  Center north positionning of rotors and control box, 2 meters antennas installation
and so on. My first comments!  As many ones says to be good at any sport we should do a lot of training and
i'm now quite good in doing more than 4 actions at the same time. Doppler correction on two VFO'S,  antennas
tracking on two rotors (manually), watching my rig display and my PC screen while keying my mike and writing
down the various call signs and grids number to finally be able to take my coffea through my lapel mike
listening the noise floor on ISS repeater.

I'm up for the olympics and my only one  hope is that AO-40 will resurect in 30 years. But with the ECHO
thermometer busted who knows what will happens...NEXT!

AO-51 matters
Some reports to me that i was heard over AO-51 but they called me without any succes. I finally found the
problem, if you check on the amateur satellite frequency plastified guide we received as a gift,  look at AO-
51  under the frequencies colum the V/U FM voice downlink 435.225.. that's the frequency i was using in my
first tests!!! Sorry for the QRM. and please forgive the newbies!

Happy Canadian thanksgiving beware to much turkey eating. And goodby Superman rest in peace.

Luc Leblanc VE2DWE
Coordonnateur AMSAT pour le Québec
Quebec AMSAT coordinator
AMSAT MEMBER (33583)