New Guy

Good afternoon,
  I am new to satellite operations and have monitored the downlinks
successfully.  I have enjoyed monitoring different QSOs.  My question is, I am moving
to the Marshall Islands in January of 05 and will be operating portable most of
the time.  What portable setup would be good to work with and will satellite
comms be effective from the middle of the Pacific ocean.  Thanks for any
advice that you can offer.

73 Steve N4TKP