Re: Sputnik 1, October 1957

Pat Cox wrote:

> My family had just relocated from Fort Ord, CA, to Fort Lewis, WA,
> near Tacoma,

Hello Pat and the List, I was about a year older and about 200 miles
away from you. I was with my parents at Larson AFB in central WA at
Moses Lake. Much the same. In fact the daily bullitin requested that
people turn out their front porch and other outside lights. It was quite
thrilling to stand in the front yard and watch the bird go past.

Mike N0QFV