Sputnik 1, October 1957

My family had just relocated from Fort Ord, CA, to Fort Lewis, WA, near
Tacoma, and if my memory serves me correctly the following Sunday night
after launch everyone on post at Fort Lewis watched the night sky to see
the space craft pass over Tacoma and the Pacific Northwest. My dad made
us get up from watching "Walt Disney Presents," the old Sunday evening
Disney program, and go outside and watch. I have been watching ever
since. By the way if someone has access to the archives of the Tacoma
News Tribune (TNT), the time of the expected pass and the course was
published in the paper. I was all of 7 years old. Can it be that long
ago? Pat, K4AVO