Re: Log programs that are satellite friendly

Hi Steve,
 I use Ham Radio Deluxe. It has satellite tracking, mapping program, and a logbook that fills in everything via QRZ plus radio frequency via CAT control. Simon HB9DRV has really done alot with the satellite tracking and also has doppler correction via DDE built in and it works great.
                                                             73 de KB9UMB (Lacy)

Steve Meuse <smeuse@mara.org> wrote:
Freeman P. Pascal IV expunged (pascal@pascal.org):

> I'm curious what folks are using for logging contacts on satellites?
> I'm using DXKeeper 3.0. It has support for satellite contacts, but I
> wish it was more aware of my radio or of what frequencies are available
> for different satellites to help fill in the log on the fly.

I've been using VQlog for the past 1.5 years, and I am very happy with it.
It doesn't really do any sat to freq matching, but I always just logged the
contact and went back to fix the contacts later.

http://www.vhfdx.net/vqlog.html

I made about 800 sat QSOs between May 2003 and now, the program has always been
easy to work with.

-Steve
N1JFU/0 (just relocated to Colorado)