Re: Sputnik I launched Oct. 4 1957

Dave and Martin,

I was wondering if there were some others that heard sputnik-1?  I had
assembled my first receiver the summer before and very upset at the
Russians beating US.  I believe it sent a beep-beep-beep signal.  I
listened on 20 MHz when WWV was not coming in.  I lived in Michigan then.
I usually listened more to the Canadian time signal (on 7 MHz I believe).
I was licensed a year later and operated 40m primarly.  I do remember 10m
being open 24-hours during 1958...of course as a Novice i could only listen.

Ed - AL7EB, ex-K8MWA