Re: Sputnik I launched Oct. 4 1957

Hi Marty!!

Wow, nice to hear from you again....tnx for the article..

Sure takes me back...I was still on active duty with the Navy, and no way
to put up a real station.  I was always doing whatever hamming I could, but
little did I realize at that time what an impetus it would have in my "real
interest" in amateur radio...

I just remember hearing a tone of some kind..I don't think the "hi" came
along util later, but it sure provided the spark..

And again "a hearty, thank you Marty" for your efforts in explaining the
mysteries to me as I plunged along!!  More people should read it today....

            73, Dave wb6llo@amsat.org
                    Disagree: I learn....