Re: Re[2]: ECHO test of PSK-

In light of this report,  please IGNORE my proposal to
move the PSK-31 experiment to mode J for now.  My
downlink this last week was terrible due to Radar
interference that I assumed blocked everyone.  Maybe
it was just me?  de WB4APR, Bob

>>> "Mike Seguin" <n1jez@verizon.net> 10/1/04 9:18:12 AM >>>
Hello all,
I too initially had problems with the PSK31 system, but
on the 0125 UTC pass of AO-51 I copied my own PSK
signal no problem.

Also copied N2AJK, KT2N and KT2Q. 100%

I understand some setting may have been changed on board AO-51 for
this
pass. What ever it was, it worked for me.

Running WinPSK 2.11 from Moe, AE4JY. FT-920 and 50 watts into a
turnstile
for the uplink.

I did increase receive gain in my PSK program once the pass started. I
had
initially set it before the pass with the squelch open with full white
noise. I forgot the FM carrier would quiet the receiver, so I reset it
during the pass to bring the waterfall back to it's normal solid blue
background. Traces of the other stations were very easy to see.

I hope to experiment with this mode again and actually make a contact.
After
reading about the receive antenna system and how it's coupled to the
wideband receiver I will have my kW online just in case.

73,
Mike, N1JEZ
AMSAT #29649
Local Area Coordinator