Re: Re[2]: ECHO test of PSK-

Hello all,

I too initially had problems with the PSK31 system, but on the 0125 UTC pass
of AO-51 I copied my own PSK signal no problem.

Also copied N2AJK, KT2N and KT2Q. 100%

I understand some setting may have been changed on board AO-51 for this
pass. What ever it was, it worked for me.

Running WinPSK 2.11 from Moe, AE4JY. FT-920 and 50 watts into a turnstile
for the uplink.

I did increase receive gain in my PSK program once the pass started. I had
initially set it before the pass with the squelch open with full white
noise. I forgot the FM carrier would quiet the receiver, so I reset it
during the pass to bring the waterfall back to it's normal solid blue
background. Traces of the other stations were very easy to see.

I hope to experiment with this mode again and actually make a contact. After
reading about the receive antenna system and how it's coupled to the
wideband receiver I will have my kW online just in case.

73,
Mike, N1JEZ
AMSAT #29649
Local Area Coordinator