Echo pass 04:02 UTC 10oct04

Hello everyone,

Copied GREAT signals from Echo tonight! I have listened a few times in the
past with HT and rubber duck and 1/4 wave vertical without much success.

I just finished building the 'Arrow' design from XE1MEX and was quite
pleased by it's performance. Max signal strength here was S7 into my deaf
HT, a Radio Shack HTX-404.

No need for a preamp tonight! Signals were full quieting most of the time.
I'm learning to use this Arrow, probably could have been full quieting the
whole pass if I were experienced with this thing! hi hi

Checked the Echo status page and looks as if Echo was running 2 watts
tonight.. I'll be anxious to try my new antenna with Echo on it's QRP level.

73,

Kyle Yoksh
K0KN
Olathe, Kansas