Re: AO-7 Mess Tonight

Hi Guys,
    remember that with AO-7 if the sun angle is low you may be able to
hear the bird but ANY signal will make the bird FM. When I had antennas
up I´d find the beacon at the start of the pass and stay there until I
heard it go ¨a bit ratty¨. That told me someone was hitting the
transponder.

       73 de Geoff vk2tfg

Micheal Hatzakis, Jr wrote:

>Kevin,
>
>One other thing Ive learned is that I think I need to
>build some sort of attenuator for my transmitter.
>With my IC-910 power cranked all the way down, I still
>FM the bird sometimes.  Somehow I figured 150feet of
>coax would be enough "attenuation".  This was a good
>discussion, thanks, Michael  K3MH

Snipped