Re: eagle costs

On Sun, Sep 05, 2004 at 07:52:30PM -0000, John B. Stephensen wrote:
> The rocket engine explosion on AO-40 had nothing to do with the complexity of
> the electronics or the number of transponders.

Minor nit. I certainly would not say that or imply that.

						 It was caused by human error on
> the ground.

That is one interpretation of "the event."
http://www.amsat-dl.org/journal/adlj-p3d-00.htm

It is just as possible the valve in question failed in flight.

I'd be curious why you conclude it was soley a ground station error,
or do you also consider the possibility of the valve in question
not being rejected for the final flight as human error?.

You might find this paper one the two types of satellites situation
a good read. I did.

ftp://ftp.cnssys.com/pub/amsat/Microsat-Design.pdf
(By Richard M. Hambly W2GPS)

- Diane, VA3DB