Re: eagle costs

On Sunday 05 September 2004 13:09, you wrote:
> If I remember correctly the cost to orbit (LEO) a pint of water is $10K.
> That is launch costs alone assuming free water and a free container.  If
> you were going to choose one mode to orbit it should be mode B or mode J
> they have a larger user base than L/S.
>
> 73,
> Joe

Hi Joe,
   mode B or J would have a larger base for sure, but the idea was for a
smaller and therefore cheaper sat to launch, mode B or J  you would be hard
pressed to come up with high gain antennas in a small space or lacking gain
now you need more power, bigger solar array, bigger sat, with  L/ S  the idea
of a 3 foot dish on one end of a sat comes to mind with a nice amount of
gain :-)

73
Kevin
WA6FWF