eagle costs

Hi All,
  I wish to thank everyone for responding,some were very interesting and
enlightening...

   The DoD Space Test Program (STP) looks very interesting and I'm glad that
someone  mentioned that it is being looked into.

   One person missed my point I guess, that the transponders are not the cost
but the support for those transponders is, if you cut back on transponders
you cut back on the support requirements, smaller solar panels, smaller
batteries, smaller sat equals cheaper launch.

  One might almost think that we could be going the wrong way on the whole
project, the old cart before the horse situation, might be better to be
looking for a cheap or free launch opportunity and then build that sat to
match, especially since everyones agrees that the launch is the most
expensive part.

 I would think this would mean  that we would have to have a standardized
control system, power system and xponders sitting on a shelf so we could
react quickly when the opportunity presented itself.

   I also agree with the one comment why must every sat be almost from
scratch?  lets build on what works.

 I think we should always be seeking new ways to do it cheaper and better.

   Anyway Thank You for  all the replies..

73
Kevin
WA6FWF
#19623

 whether you want a big sat or little sat, remember to join and donate or
there wont be any sat