Re: eagle costs

On 3 Sep 2004 at 10:53, wa6fwf wrote:

>   The only other alternative would be to downsize Eagle with maybe just mode
> L/S and drop anything else off, (I picked that mode since a lot of people
> already have  the mode S equipment from ao40 and L up was becoming popular,
> but mostly because the antennas are kept small), just keep it small, simple
> and cheap and then less weight means  a cheaper launch....
>
>     Maybe a less desirable orbit but a simpler cheaper solid fuel boost?
>
> Anyone else have any ideas how we can get this show on the road?

Exactly

When someone wake up and let go their surveys studying and concentrate more on a as i already said in the
past a KISS LEO sat with standard transponder U-V-L-S mode this will just enough to make a good plain
COMMUNICATION sat. If you want to add some bells and whistles just wait for the 5 million cash.

I don't know how a simple sat can cost but i doubt the 5 millions figure for a simple sat. I still believe if
a sound LEO sat project is well presented an planned it will be not impossible to get more money. If we have
a goal we can found the means to reach this goal. It takes time for ECHO i hope this will be less for an HEO.

BTW: No sign of life from our 6 BOD candidates. They probably prefer to go under the fifth amendment and
remain silent about what they will try to promote and do if elected!

It is easy to not be accused of failing when you don't commit yourself on issues! This was a bad trend i
detect in the past years. I hope a day someone will stop switching places house furnitures and decided to buy
new ones.

Luc Leblanc VE2DWE
Coordonnateur AMSAT pour le Québec
Quebec AMSAT coordinator