Sound clips

I'm just getting started in satellites again after 20 years...
Is there a simple means of recording qso's?  I've been told to just dump the
speaker output into the mic jack of a laptop.
I'm doing this out in the backyard, using an Arrow antenna and a handheld.
I still need to get my duplexer plumbed in so I can talk.  I'm pretty clumsy
and try to carry out the fewest pieces possible.

Curious how other folks are doing it...

73 de Tim, K4SHF  FM04kx