Re: PK232MBX 9600 baud

I am a bit confused then.

I have a PK-232MBX with the Timewave upgrades.  The
original manual states that:

"Available HDLC packet data rates "n" include 45, 50,
57,... 1200, 2400, 4800 and 9600 bauds.   Internal
modems are provided for 45 - 1200 bauds.  At higher
data rates, an external modem must be used."

What external modem is used to get to 9600 baud??

Michael  K3MH

--- Reid Bristor <w4upd@bristor-assoc.com> wrote:

> I used the PK232MBX at 9600 baud and that is where I
> keep it. I also
> have a 9600 radio modem in it as well and it works
> fine with both at
> 9600 baud. I don't use the PK232MBX much due to
> having a DSP2232, but I
> use it has my backup. In fact I have 2 of them and
> will probably get rid
> of one or both since I no longer have a need for the
> backup. Again, the
> PK232MBX works fine at the HBAUD of 9600.
>
> Reid, W4UPD
>
> McGrane wrote:
>
> >Hi
> >
> >I purchased PK-232MBX TNC (aug 91 rom )from a
> friend and I was looking
> >through a manual and it states that the HBAUD
> command will go up to 9600
> >baud ( radio baud not computer link )
> >
> >Does anyone have experience using the PK232MBX on
> 9600?
> >
> >Thought I'd ask before buying the cable for the
> radio or another TNC.
> >
> >Thanks for replies, 73, Patrick N2OEQ
> >----
> >Sent via amsat-bb@amsat.org. Opinions expressed are
> those of the author.
> >Not an AMSAT member? Join now to support the
> amateur satellite program!
> >To unsubscribe, send "unsubscribe amsat-bb" to
> Majordomo@amsat.org
> those of the author.
> satellite program!
> Majordomo@amsat.org

=====
Michael Hatzakis, Jr MD
Physiatrist, Treating Individuals with Neuromuscular Disabilities
Consultant, Information Technology Based Health Care Solutions