Re: AO-51 digital mode

Reid,

The AO-51 mail box is not open.  It was open for one day a couple of weeks
ago for Experimenter's day.

Please don't transmit to the BBS until it is open, as it interfers with the
command station testing and software
upload/download.

The latest news from the AMSAT ECHO page is that the BBS will be open for a
few days after the Wed Experimenter's day.

Please check the AO-51 broadcast message for the latest information.

Experimenters Wednesday - Mode V/S FM Repeater Test.
S Band TX (2401.200) will be turned ON in FM voice mode, continuous
transmission.
The 145.920 VHF receiver (RX3) will be set to FM voice mode.
No 67hz Tone will be required during this test.

As this will be the first time we have allowed the S Band transmitter to run
for an extended period, we will check the WOD data after the first pass. If
all is well we will continue in this mode for the rest of Experimenters
Wednesday.

Digital TXA (435.150) will be OFF except to download data over Command
Station.
FM TXB (435.300) will be OFF.

At the conclusion of Exp Wed we will return to the normal FM repeater mode
on TXB. After completing the download of data from the S Band test we will
open the BBS for a extended window of user operation. This will be at the
current low power level of TXA. During this time AO-51 will be active in
both FM repeat (145.920 FM up, 67 hz tone / 435.300 FM down at 0.60 watts)
and 9k6 BBS (145.860 FM up / 435.150 down FM down at 0.40 watts) for the
first time. Please check the Broadcast message on Echo, I will notify when
the BBS is open in that message.

26 Aug 0300 utc

Digital TXA 9k6 BBS Closed
FM TXB repeater mode Active (at conclusion of Exp Wed)

26 Aug 0500 utc to 31 Aug 0000 utc

Digital TXA 9k6 BBS OPEN (Low Power Output)
FM TXB repeater mode Active

During this time I would again appreciate any Telemetry capture and download
to the website that we can get. If you are active on the BBS please take a
couple of minutes to get a few Telemetry records during your pass.
Thanks, KE4AZN.

Experimenters Wednesday

This week we will test the S Band transmitter on Exp Wed. Between 25 Aug at
approximately 0155 utc, and 26 Aug at 0250 utc, Echo will be configured for
Mode V/S, FM repeat. The uplink will be on the 145.920 mhz user receiver,
and the downlink on 2401.200 mhz. The PL tone function will not be used in
this mode, therefore the 67 hz tone is not needed. The S Band transmitter
will be turned on continuously, so those stations not uplinking will still
be able to monitor and practice their Doppler correction. During this time,
the Digital Transmitter will be turned off.

Regards,
Gould
WA4SXM