RE: The Problem with a free BB and Free sats.

Keith,
I will agree fully with your first paragraph.  There are now ways for
non-members to submit questions to the AMSAT volunteers to be answered (on
the website).  The BB should be for Member questions, AMSAT business, and
for the benefit of the members.

I will have to disagree with your second paragraph.  While I'm not saying
that I don't want a HEO to play with, I cut my teeth on SO-50 and still make
contacts on the LEOs.  Why would I waste my time on the LEOs?  Well, I enjoy
the pileups that I've worked on the LEOs and have worked hard for the grids
I have.  I have actually broke a sweat from working VA3BJD when he was on
the Prince William Islands on vacation.  It was actually more difficult than
flipping the switch on and making the contact and going on with my day.
Also, right now I do not have the equipment to use an HEO, nor do I have the
real estate for such a setup (really!).  So I am grateful for the LEOs that
are up there.  But, that is why they have more than one kind of car, more
than one kind of pizza crust, more than one color lemonade...  Because
everyone likes different things.  So, I encourage everyone to not to talk so
negative about all the different sats up there, modes in use, etc, but
rather speak positively of the modes you like.

73s,
Eric KF4OTN
kf4otn@amsat.org