Fw: Naysayers

> At 12:50 PM 8/16/2004 -0400, you wrote:
> >Have you forgotten that there is a 20db difference in uplink strength in
the
> >way you hold an arrow alone?
>
> Where in the world did you get this figure?  Not that I don't believe it's
> possible, but it seems very unlikely to me.

I got this today, thought I'd clear up some misconceptions with the less
experienced ops.

Take a look at these links...

http://www.tmcdesign.com/antenna%20catalog%202001%20cd/Helpful%20Antenna%20I
nformation.htm#Polarization

and

http://www.cushcraft.com/comm/support/pdf/Antenna-Polarization-14B32.pdf
around page 3....

This is why putting your Arrow on a tripod is really not such a great idea
for satellite. The beauty of the design is in the ability to twist to match
polarity. With a full duplex setup (which you should have on the FM sats)
you simply twist for max smoke on transmit.

73, Drew KO4MA