Looking for an elmer for circuit design

I've been kicking around an idea for series of devices to provide
automated control of my ground station.  This is the most ambitious
project I have ever worked on and I'm wondering if anyone would be
willing to help elmer me?

I'm looking for someone who would be willing to look over the design and
point out potential problems or alternatives.  Someone who is familar
enough with today's component options and point me to good choices.

The project I'm looking at is a PIC controller that will interface with
external addressable modules for activating everything from RF relays,
to power to mast mounted devices, or audio switching between two
satellite capable radios.  A software component can run on the PC which
will monitor (via DDE or TCP) which satellite is currently selected and
perform the necessary switching.  I have a design in mind, I just don't
have enough knowledge of which PIC would be good, or which components to
select.

I'm hoping to eventually generate PCBs for the final version and to
share the design with anyone who is interested.

If you would like to help, please let me know.

-Freeman, N5FPP