Re: Ts-790 and TS

On 11 Aug 2004 at 19:41, Vincenzo Mone wrote:

> Hi to the list,
> since I have modified my TS-790E to enable the sub tone encoder to work
> AO-51 as described on www.mods.dk,I cannot use any more the repeaters
> because they need the 1750 tone to access in.
> Is there any possibility that I can use both them?
> Any help will be appreciated.
> 73 de Enzo IK8OZV.

If i'm not wrong your 1750 tone used to open your repeaters is a short tone or sub tone burst transmitted
when you key down. Its not a countinous CTCSS tone as required on some european repeaters.

The mods you refer to enable a sub tone operation at 1750 this sub tone remain on all the time when you
transmit and some repeaters work this way. As per what i read you cannot change the tone frequency it seems
to remain at 1750. The only one change is from audio tone burst to CTCSS sub tone.

AO-51 needs a 67hz CTCSS tone don't know if the hang time is long enough to permit operation with tone burst
or sub tone burst?

Luc Leblanc VE2DWE
Coordonnateur AMSAT pour le Québec
Quebec AMSAT coordinator