Re: Alternative to WiSP?

On Saturday 07 August 2004 08:24, you wrote:
> Bugs for which rotor?  Several are supported in Wisp.
>
> I use either EasyCommI or the DDE function (in conjuction with either
> WispDDE or DDESat32), and it works fine.
>
> Maybe using DDE and one of the above (free) programs would be a
> "work-around"?
>
> 73,
>
> Mark N8MH

Hi Mark,

    wisp cannot drive a yaesu gs-232a directly,it sends the wrong character
stream, the GS standard is W180 045 , 3 digits for az and el, wisp sends
W180 45, which does not work..

now true using wisp dde to drive it does work and is a workaround but wisp dde
has its own quirks and will hang sometimes, I wasn't sure if it was hanging
on the rotor or the rig tuning so I was trying to drive the gs-232a directly
from wisp to isolate the problem when I discovered the bug.

I dunno Mark it bugs me when you have to run multiple programs to accomplish
one thing :-)

73
Kevin
WA6FWF