Mode L on AO-51

I am curious to find out how much power it takes to work AO-51's Mode L
uplink reliably.  I have the 1.2Ghz module in my 910 but have 125' of 9913
between my radio and my antenna.  The antenna could be a 36" dish with patch
feed (about 125 watts EIRP) or a 22 element yagi from M^2 (about 80 watts
EIRP).  Wonder if this is enough to work AO-51 thru the vegetative filters
(trees).

I can run numbers all day but am more interested in experiences from last
Wednesday.  How did those without amplifiers fair?

Karl R. Sandstrom, K5MAN
AMSAT Area Coordinator
W5YI Volunteer Examiner
Greenwell Springs, Louisiana