New to Satellite and having problems

I have been reading everything I can find on working Satellites and have
been only receiving at this point. Since I'm still learning I do not
want to cause others problems until I feel comfortable.

My problem is that I have been unable to receive a clear signal from the
new Amsat ECHO and think I must simply be doing something wrong since
everyone else is having good luck.

I have a Kenwood D-700 and a TRAM 17' colliener VHF/UHF antenna. I
receive from the ISS like they were next door. But so far only hear
faint voices in the noise when tuning in the Amsat Echo. I have been
monitoring 435.300.

Am I just missing something simple?

Thanks
Brian