Re: TS-790A and CTCSS - Summary

Thanks to the many folks who have replied.

The consensus is that the TS-790A does NOT require the TSU-5 tone unit
for encoding, only for decoding.   The stock TS-790A will be able to
operate AO-51 and SO-50 using CTCSS.

Many folks responded saying that the TS-790A is an excellent radio.

I'm looking forward to mine arriving in the mail soon.

Thanks again.

-Freeman, N5FPP