Re: AO-51 reception with Handy Tranceiver

Hi Asao,

>Maybe the location of the AO-51 was wrong. SatScape is used.
>I am using Keplenian Elements from AMSAT home page and it is dated July 29.
>Is this most current ?

I don't believe. I compare AMSAT 2 Line versus
2 Line found in:
http://www.celestrak.com/NORAD/elements/
and the results is 1 or 2 seconds later.
My prediction software is WXTrack.

>When you say 1/4 wave antenna, is it the short 0db antenna which comes with the >handy receiver ?

No, the original ICT7A antenna is a "rubber duck".
When I say 1/4 wave I talk about an antenna
19 inch long (third harmonic in UHF band).

No easy made QSO in this conditions, but him made it!

Regard
73 - PY2FFZ
Carlos Roberto Paoli
py2ffz@amsat.org