Re: Re: AO-51 reception with Handy Tranceiver

> >Hi !  Was anyone able to receive good signal of AO-51 on 435.300 with a handy
> >tranceiver ?
> >I tried several times but with no luck.
>
> >I did this in the evening. Should it be during daytime ?
>
> Asao:  I was using my wife's FM handheld with the rubber duck, put a sheet of
> aluminum foil inside a newspaper section and held it as a corner reflector -
> signals were 5/9 while standing on my front dock listening to a pass at
> about 50 degrees of elevation.  I had to initially find what the downlink
> polarization was by rotating the newspaper corner reflector and the handheld.

That is amazing.  I just tried to receive on 482 revs orbit with the whip. I heard something but not clear.
Looks like I need to try the aluminum foil.
But please explain "inside a newspaper section". I do not understand this.

Also I think I should make sure that the SatScape is displaying the correct location of AO-51.
The Keplerian Elements are different a little from the AMSAT data when it is updated through SatScape.

What is the best way to make sure that SatScape is diplaying the correct location ?

Thanks.

73s JH2FZX

--
Asao Ishizuka <asaoishi@cameo.plala.or.jp>