Re: AO-51 reception with Handy Tranceiver

>Hi !  Was anyone able to receive good signal of AO-51 on 435.300 with a handy
>tranceiver ?
>I tried several times but with no luck.

>I did this in the evening. Should it be during daytime ?

Asao:  I was using my wife's FM handheld with the rubber duck, put a sheet of
aluminum foil inside a newspaper section and held it as a corner reflector -
signals were 5/9 while standing on my front dock listening to a pass at
about 50 degrees of elevation.  I had to initially find what the downlink
polarization was by rotating the newspaper corner reflector and the handheld.

The content of the signals heard was much less than the signal level however, maybe
in your part of the world that is not a problem.

Larry
VA3LK / WA3ZIA
AMSAT Life Member #3