Re: TS-2000 and PL tone (more) operation in full duplex

Great news for TS-2000 owners, Mark!
I am sure they are happy for the set-up tip.
But how does this help those that want to implement CAT control with an
auto-traker/tuner like Unitrac?  Figure that one out and I know a a lot of
TS-2000 owners will be thankful.

73's Ed

At 08:46 AM 8/2/2004 -0400, Mark L. Hammond wrote:
>Ed,
>
>Yes, the TS-2000 *will* do full duplex operations when not in satellite
mode.

>I do NOT suggest using the rig with "split VFOs" in simplex mode for
satellite operations.  You'll never hear yourself....there is a much better
way.

>A suggested way to work SO-50 or AO-51 **in full duplex** with the
TS-2000(X) is the following:

>Use the sub (right) band VFO for transmit; set frequency
>Use the main (left) band VFO for receive; set frequency
>
>Enable Tone on the sub/transmit side
>
>Have the PTT active on the sub/transmit side
>Have the CTRL active on the main/receive side
>
>This allows the user to transmit on a fixed frequency with PL tone, while
the main VFO knob will allow for easy Doppler corrections on the recieve side.

>Here's a handy trick---use the Quick Mem feature to store all of this!!!
It has 10 quick mem slots; each stores all of the information for both
VFOs.  If fact, if you have the sub band turned OFF, and you use the Quick
Mem recall---it turns the sub band ON!  Actually a slick way to get on
either AO-51 or SO-50 with 2 button pushes (first push of Quick Mem Read
Memory to allow you to select which memory slot, and a second to load the
values into the rig for operations).