Re: AO-51 Controlled Net.

>>> "N1HOQ" 07/30/04 6:51 PM >>>
>I am opposed to regular or frequent nets on LEO FM satellites.
>I am a grid hunter, rag chewer, and satellite DXer. Directed
>nets are not... efficient... and few if any contacts would be made.

I guess that is the point I am asking.  Do we want to continue
with the dedication of all FM birds for the exclusive use of
the grid hunter, rag chewer, and DXer?  Or after 10 years of that,
is it time to look for some occassional other special events?

>Perhaps the Wednesdayexperimenters day could be used
>from time to time to try "net operation" on an FM LEO bird?

Yes, I think that would be a good idea.  But we must be
thinking of neat ways to use that opportunity so that
it can be planned and organized, and people get used to it.
So far I have come up with a few:  The SSTV idea, a Kids
day, Special operations from AMSAT meetings and symposia.
etc...

>Directed nets have their place/// [but],  IMHO they are
>neither exciting or very productive for "hunters".

We agree there.
de WB4APR, Bob