Re: AO-51 Sucess

Gary "Joe" Mayfield wrote:

> I think it is safe to say more contacts have been made on Echo in the last
> three days than any other amateur satellite.

Based on what I hear from my QTH on the Esat Coast of the US, I'd have
to dispute that. The number of completed QSOs I hear on each pass ois
substantially less than a comperable pass by either UO-14 or AO-27 in
their respective heydays.

Your milage might vary if you're in a location that has fewer operators
in the footprint.

That doesn't mean I don't think Echo is "successful", of course. It's
clearly working as designed, and has rekindled substantial interest in
satellite operations. But more contacts? I'm skeptical.

  -73 de Maggie K3XS-

--
-----/___.   _)Margaret Stephanie Leber CCP, SCJP/"The art of progress /
----/(, /|  /| http://voicenet.com/~maggie SCWCD/ is to preserve order/