Re: AO-51 Naysayers

Hasan,

It isn't Naysaying.  It is a common reaction to the same 'garbage crew' as
on every other FM bird.  Do you want a LIST of their callsigns?  I'd be
happy to give it you off-line if you don't recognize these folks yourself.
These are the same guys, pass after pass, slamming their callsigns into
every FM bird.  The thrill of hearing their own voice come back to them
full-duplex is just too great an ego surge to let someone else get in on the
action.  Thank God they spent all that money on the M2's, the G5500, and the
preamps.  Otherwise they'd miss hearing the thrill of themselves calling our
their callsign and grid over and over again.

I got out of the satellite game some time ago because of my frustration over
it.  K5OE was very good in helping me bring perspective to the issue - but
it remains - it does not "calm down" as you suggest.  It is just plain
selfish.  Make a contact and let it go!  Give the next guy a chance!  It
seems like the lessons from Kindergarten continue to remain lost on our
community.

So scolding these people who, like me, have contributed to the launch of
this bird, is just plain wrong.  They want a chance to make a contact and
shutting them up is just ignorant - they have a voice too.  If you don't
want to read through someone's frustration regarding the situation just hit
delete - as I do to most of the posts on this reflector.

David, NA2AA