Re: Just Curious

Hello Bill,

My limited perspective. and some analogies.

When I drive my car to Canada, it is still my property and I am
responsible for its safe operation.
I select who can ride with me and I am responsible to remove my vehicle
from the road when it
can no longer function or is unsafe for proper operation.

Now let's look at a airplane.. same ideas apply.

As a AMSAT dues paying member, which makes me a member of the corporation,
I own ECHO along with any and every other AMSAT member .

I see a host of problems with the concept of nets on the satellite

Most people do not want anything to do with voice nets.

The highest powered participant will default to the net control.

Maybe the wednesday experimenters day is the best time to prove the
feasibility and utility
of voice net operations or other voice/data incarnations.

I actually like the idea about the fusion of voice and data, but let's
demonstrate the concept first.
May have very low utilization since the concept is hardware specific.
Yes possible, but few participants.

Maybe weekends should be QRP, not greater than 5W from your TX

We are experiencing a much greater susceptibility to overload due to the
greater number of participants
since ECHO has a bigger footprint.

Possibly what we may try next is to  disable the tone access function to
determine if the
access problems are due to the tone access function.

Stan, Wa1ECF