6:40 July 31, 04 Echo pass by Seattle.

The bird was almost full quieting using my TH-D7A HT and an Arrow ][ hand held
beam.  Audio was load and clear.  Didn't try to transmit as there were a lot
of people trying to hit the bird and a lot of collisions happening at the
time.

I didn't hear Echo on my Vertical base antennae though.

I'm excited about trying to transmit to Echo with my HT.  I'll wait a bit for
the excitment to calm down.  5 Watts is sure to get walked on with some of the
big guns I am hearing out there.