Re: AO-51 voice operation

John,

I am not fond of regular operation on FM satellites for the reason you and
many others cite....but, If you live in remote areas of the planet, there
are often times when FM satellites will support 4-5 stations in a
round-table conversation...though not long due to the short pass duration.
I even enjoyed this during Field Day on UO-14 a couple years back...because
the satellite was only in view of Canada, Alaska and Hawai on that pass.

If you live in America or Europe...GL!  FM satellite operation appears to
taken on the habits of 20m DXing...a free-for-all.  On 20m SSB many
stations can be heard simultaneously in a pile-up, but not with FM.  On FM
only the "alligator" gets fed.

So either operators change their practise or the satellite will be largely
usable only by the few high-power stations.

Now that Echo is launched, I am ready to get the next linear-translator
satellite built.

73's Ed - AL7EB