Re: New amateur satellite ideas

I think that some really involved cutting edge technological experiments
could bring amsat into a new age.

How about a satellite experiment involving satellite communications using
frequencies in excess of 20GHz? Maximum Bandwidth Determination at a given
frequency range? Spread Spectrum High Speed Networking via Satellite?
Digital Voice (VOCODED Voice) via Satellite at 20GHz? Simultaneous Data &
Digital Voice on a single frequency?

AMSAT being a not-for-profit corporation with a history launching
successful amateur satellites may be a step ahead of for-profit
corporations when it comes to applying for federal grants to fund the
research such as this grant:

http://12.46.245.173/pls/portal30/CATALOG.PROGRAM_TEXT_RPT.SHOW?p_arg_names=prog_nbr&p_arg_values=12.910

I can't think of any reason that a technology researched and engineered by
amateurs couldn't serve a dual purpose common with the military. We'd have
the possibility of pioneering new technologies and have the chance to fund
satellites that could be used for experimentation AND be used by amateurs.

73'
Ric Letson, NB2E