Just Curious

Hi, Please don't take this wrong, but I'm new and
really don't know. What I'm wondering is, who owns the
satellites and who owns the right to say who can
operate on it and who is in control of it? With this
talk of a net on a leo satelite, who has the say of
who is in charge of who get to use it and when. Is it
the BOD of AMSAT or is it the guy with the biggest eme
arsenal?
If what you are trying to do is to keep new people off
the satellite, so there is more time for the regular
users, that sounds like the way to do it.
If I have to make a appointment to talk on the bird,
with work and family, getting time to play radio,I'm
probably in the wrong place.
Bill N8VWI