AO-51 on a rubber duck -- barely! But use a real antenna...

Had my TH-F6A at work today but not my Arrow.  Wish I'd had it, because
there was a nice high pass from 1601-1615z.  I walked outside after lunch,
and at about 1608z, I was able to just make out K0SAT (think I have that
right) through the noise using just the short duck that came with the radio.

I'm curious what power ECHO was running at the time...

At least now I know to keep the Arrow assembled and in the trunk of the car
ready to go at any opportunity!

The funny thing was that I'd been talking to a co-worker about ham sats
yesterday, and today he'd left me a phone message asking if I'd be listening
for satellites again at lunch time.  The sad thing was I didn't get the
message until after I went inside.  Talk about a blown opportunity to get
someone interested in the hobby and the sats!  Another excellent reason to
keep the portable station fully ready.

73,
Dale, W8ABZ
Cleveland Heights, Ohio  USA  [EN91]