AO-51 31 July, orbit #437

Hello the Net:

More success this pass.

Worked
     EB4DKA /M in IM78cx,
    CT1EAT,
    MW0CXH in IO71vq, and
    VO1ZM in GN28ew.

For this low elevation pass,  I used the 2M 17B2 (fixed H pol) at 78'
and the FT-847 on TX.
For RX was the IC-910H and a 38 el cross pol at 40' with Landwehr mast
mounted preamplifier.
LabJack/NOVA/G5400B tracking control.

Yes,  there is a delay in activating the satellite, after you first key
up your carrier with PL tone.
was able to hear myself with 5 W TX power.

I enjoy the low elevation passes looking east to Europe and N Africa as
well as the westerly passes
to Alaska, less congestion and greater potential for a new grid and DXCC
entities.

At this moment, AO51 has a height of 772.5 Km and SO50 has a height of
only 604.2 Km.
The greater height will give a bigger footprint and a greater range at
low elevations.

Stan, WA1ECF

zzzzz