Re: Future ECHO User Status burst?

Hi Bob,

I usually agree with your ideas but I am not liking this one too much.

I am going to start calling you Kenwood Bob  ! The problem is that we do
this for the Kenwood D7 and D700 owners,  how many of them are
there?   Then if other manufacturers comes out with a radio that has some
other feature that is exclusive to their radio, should we add that feature
too?  There would be no end to it !

If Kenwood would like to see these features added to OSCAR's then lets get
them to buck up and help pay for the birds to begin with. It will make it a
lot easier on all of us. Certainly if they are selling that many radios,
they can afford to give a bit back to amateur radio. Or, do they claim they
are loosing money on the amateur division and are already doing us all a
big favour by even producing a line of amateur equipment ?

My second comment is about your net proposal.  I like your approach
(correct me if I am wrong)  that the net would be in the interest of all
amateurs right ?  But is it really in the interest of everybody? Is it your
intention that everyone can get a chance to use the birds? That would be
nice if everyone wanted to work nets . Your first suggestion benefits the
Kenwood D7 and D700 guys and the rest of us can buy laptops. Your next
suggestion is for everyone who likes to work nets, where does that leave
the rest of us ?

73 de VE7WFG,

Nomex Æ Bill Greene
Armstrong, BC