re: AO-51 voice operation

    money. I would like to know if anyone has ever carried on a real QSO on any
    satellite using handheld. Now that is my 2 cent worth. 73's and have fun

Yes, i have on a number of times on AO-27; but not when it directly over the
continental US and not generally on weekends.  However, the point is well
taken, ragchewing is generally unwelcome in Mode J-FM.  At the moment, one
needs to spend a fair amount of money on a SSB setup and an az/el antenna
system, and then one can talk 10-15 minutes if one plans things well.  I
sure hope EAGLE and/or P3E changes that situation.

[Note: I never send unsolicited binary attachments and if you receive anything
purportedly from <kd6pag@qsl.net> that isn't signed with my callsign, then it
probably isn't from me.]