AO-51 voice operation

I guess there is a place for FM satellites in the order of things but I just
have not seen it yet. I have been listening and trying to carry on a QSO on
them for a few years now and it is a mess to say the least. Unless you are
trying for VUCC you are not going to get much done on one of them. FO-20 and FO-29
type sats allow QSO's to happen at least. The idea of working a satellite for
anything other than APRS positions with a handheld is merely a dream for my
money. I would like to know if anyone has ever carried on a real QSO on any
satellite using handheld. Now that is my 2 cent worth. 73's and have fun << John

N4QWF LYNCHBURG.VA.USA.NA Z:24503
INTERNET E-MAIL N4QWF@AMSAT.ORG or N4QWF@AOL.COM
Formerly KC4AHW VK3FEZ
Amsat #27845 ARRL #1395584
DXCC #33,478 (HF) WAS #296 (Satellite) VUCC #135 (Satellite)
LON. -79.13 LAT. +37.47 GRID FM07KL
FROM THE FOOT HILLS OF THE BLUERIDGE