Echo observations and FT847 mods

Echo was overhead today at 12:45 in Azores.As expected,very crowded when over Europe, then i made many qsoīs with myself for about 10 minutes,as it was over the ocean.
The results are that i was able to see that:
-The polarization in RX is very important, switching from left to right made an great difference.I donīt know wich one is the right one, whoever...
-The transponder take about 2 second to be activated, after we press the PTT.This may be important ,you canīt speak too quickly.
-It will fall after 9-10 seconds as expected.

Now,if you have a FT847 and donīt like the volume control,i have made a modification that works really well.I also have build an antenna position indicator,you can find both at:
www.qsl.net/cu8ao    or  http://cu8ao.com.sapo.pt  (faster)

see you on Echo!
73.Fred, Cu8AO

------
Clix Rapidix - Aumente até 6X a velocidade da sua Internet
Adira em http://acesso.clix.pt e comece logo a navegar