ao-51 carrier

I tried two passes on ao-51 and could not get into either. There was an
almost constant carrier sometimes peaking s9+40 covering many of the
stations. It dropped out occasionally but was there for most of the both
passes. I also experienced the stations heard, chopping in and out. I
thought I had a headset problem. Is anyone else experiencing this?
Bill