Re: AO-51

Steve kb9ups wrote:

> The heavy first day taken into consideration and many saying they
> can't get into the bird, "me too".

I just heard my first pass, and while I heard a fair of (presumambly
very powerful/lucky) stations (K9DID K8DID N1JEZ W0SAT N0YK W0QZ KB2M)
you could very clearly hear when the PL had the channel open and when it
did not....quite visibly in my Baudline recording of the downlink.

The way it chopped in and out suggested to me that when two signals
interfere, nothing comes down the downlink at all, since a clear PL tone
is not heard by the bird....the downlink being mostly dead air--the
sound of a quiet pileup. I suspect most of the "can't get in" reports
are really "couldn't get my PL tone heard".

I think it's going to be quite a while until the Slashdotting ends,
especially on the East Coast.

  73 de Maggie K3XS

--
-----/___.   _)Margaret Stephanie Leber CCP, SCJP/"The art of progress /