AO51 first FM pass

Greetings,

Just a few musing from my experience monitoring the
first pass of AO-51 in FM repeater mode.  Picked it up
starting around 02:18 UTC to my local LOS.  Heard only
a three stations in the clear.  N1JEZ was heard thru
the entire pass.  Called twice but heard no return
calls.  Hrd the strong carrier a few times that was
noted by others, other times distorted audio with
hiss, other times zippo signals.  Nothing extreme in
the downlink signal level area and clearly not on my
uplink signal side, hi, hi.  Tumbling was apparent.
The cross pole didn't total fade away in most cases,
so all I got was some wrist exercise last night, hi,
hi.  Used my VX5-R (5-w) + arrow from my bedroom.
Will try to work the low-elevation passes over the
Atlantic for at least the near future perhaps using my
mobile IC-2720h as well.

Great job Echo Team and you've got a great orbit as
well!  Long life to AO-51...

KG4QWC
http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail