Re: ECHO Voice operations

Hi Bob,

I would be against this.  Not because I think the idea doesn't have merit
(the nets on AO-40 were wonderful) but trying to do it on a single channel
FM satellite, while seeming idealistic and feasible, seems to be a simple
answer to a complex issue (human nature)  I see a number of problems.

Before you go off and try to enforce a net structure on Echo, I would
propose you first demonstrate that you can do so on FO-29 first.  The pass
times (duration) are similar, and it has sufficient bandwidth to
accommodate your net while not penalizing other satellite users who may not
want to participate.  After a successful 6 month trial on SSB, if you think
you have worked the kinks out I would be more than happy to re-evaluate my
opinion.

73,

Emily

W0EEC - CM87tm