Re: Doppler #2

Speed of light or doppler would have nothing to do with it.  What does make
the difference is that the modulation mode is FM, not AM/SSB.  If it was
AM/SSB then yes, doppler would have a huge effect.  FM is immune to this
(which is why FM users never hear stations that are "off
frequency",  sounding like mice.  The signal is either "captured" or it
isn't, and if it is, the modulation is always on frequency because the
discriminator can extract the information.

73,

Emily

At 09:01 AM 7/30/2004 -0300, Brent Taylor wrote:
>After sending out my first question, it dawned on me that, of course, with
>FM and with the speed of light, there is no way Doppler could affect the
>frequency of the received tone.
>
>(heading for  a cold shower).
>
>Brent, VE1JH
>FN66