Future ECHO User Status burst?

Interspersed Status on  ECHO downlink:

ALso in the long run for ECHO, I would propose that
an occassional 9600 baud data burst could be
included in the squelch tail of the voice downlink that
coiuld contain a line of useful status data for users.
(such as the previously proposed Net schedules).

At 9600 baud, the burst would only be less than 0.1
second and sound no different nor intrusive than than
the "sst" of someone that speaks with a lisp...

Users of the D7 and D700 radio would see these
announcements immediately on the radio front panel.
Others might need only a laptop and software if they
wanted to decode them.  But in any case, they would
be virtually  unnoticible to voice operations.

Although UI formatted status bursts are already on
the to-do list for ECHO for the digital downlink,
what I am asking in this proposal is in the long run
to consider if it is possible to inject these 0.1 sec
bursts rarely on the voice down link as well so
that VOICE uers could stay infomed as well while
monitoring the voice downlink.

This way the voice user does not have to have
two radios to keep informed of the digital USER
status messages.  THey are pulled off the same
receiver.

de WB4APR, Bob